July 31-Aug 2, 2009 • The University of California, Berkeley
We recommend the following hotels for your stay in Berkeley. Make a reservation as soon as possible and mention that you are attending a UC-Berkeley event, as you may be eligible for a discount.
- Durant Hotel: 2600 Durant Avenue, (510) 845-8981; restaurant, Internet, TV, 1 block to campus. 15% off best available rate.
- French Hotel: 1538 Shattuck Avenue, (510) 548-9930; several blocks to campus, in pleasant North Berkeley neighborhood. Discounts for state or federal employees.
- Hotel Shattuck Plaza: 2086 Allston Way, (510) 845-7300; toll free: (866) 466-9199. One block from Downtown Berkeley Bart; 3 blocks to campus (west entrance). Newly renovated and offering discounted summer rates. Reserve online and use the following code: uofc09.
Other hotels in Berkeley include:
- Berkeley Rodeway Inn: 1461 University Ave, (510) 848-3840 or (800) 598-4912; continental breakfast, internet, TV.
- Beau Sky Hotel: 2520 Durant Avenue, (510) 540-7688 or (800) 990-2328; continental breakfast, internet, TV, 1 block to campus. 10% discount for UC event participants.
- Bancroft Hotel: 2680 Bancroft Way, (510) 549-1000; continental breakfast, restaurant, excellent cafe next door, across street from campus. Discount for invited speakers.
- Rose Garden Inn: 2740 Telegraph Avenue, (510) 549-2145 or (800) 992-9005; full breakfast, TV, rooms with fireplace available. Call for specials.
- YMCA: 2001 Allston Way, (510) 848-6800; for women also, shared bath, 4 blocks to campus.
We have a limited number of campus DORMITORY ROOMS reserved for conference participants. Single occupancy for such a room (with breakfast) will be $68.50; double occupancy will be less expensive per person. The rooms are conveniently located next to campus.
NOTE that dorm rooms are only available for the 4-night period of July 30, 31 and Aug 1-2. Participants wanting to stay longer will need to reserve at a local hotel; the YMCA is probably the cheapest off-campus accommodation, but see our hotel list.
Unit 3 dorms are located at 2400 Durant (1 block west of Telegraph). The dorm website is here.
The Unit 3 Front Desk is located below the Dining Center and is open daily from 7:00 am to 11:00 pm. The telephone number is (510) 642-5391 and should be used to relay messages and for after hours check-ins and assistance.
Checking-in: A dorm staff person will check in each guest. In additon, they will provide a room key, meal card, and a welcome letter giving guests information about the site. The front desk telephone number, (510) 642-5391, is posted outside of each residence hall building to contact a conference clerk for those guests arriving after 11:00pm.