Dictionary Entry [entry ID #4256] (related entries)
ch'e:wha:wh • I'm going outside, I'm going to the toilet • verb (theme: ch'e:=(n)-ha:wh/ya:) [imperfective, 1sg subject]
- ch'e:ninyahwh go outside! [imperative, light stem, 2sg subject]
- ch'e'na:wh he gets out of it, goes outside [imperfective, animate subject]
- ch'e'ina:wh she always gets out of it, goes outside [customary, animate subject]
- ch'e:na:whdiy I came back out [perfective, 1sg subject]
Note: contraction of ch'e:na:whdiyay
- ch'e'ninyay he went out, he went to the bathroom [perfective, animate subject]
Examples from texts
(click to listen)
he goes to the bathroom in there, then it smells bad and he doesn't like it, he runs away from it
... she used to go out, she used to go over there
sometimes every now and then my mother would come in and tell me
hay na:mitł'a'-ding xontah-ding na:yda' haya:ł ch'ine'ina:wh 'a:k'iwilaw-ch'inehł'e:n-ding-mił hay whił-dinił'a'-ch'iłchwe-ne'in
then I stayed at home, and then my teacher came from the school ...
where the hole comes out, and then he said, "come on out!"
at once a bear came walking out
and so then he (the bear) walked off into the bushes
and then at the very tail end, he said "come on out here!"
"I'm scared" he thought, I'm not going out there." He ducked back in
and then again he told him, "come on out here!"
no, he didn't come out
he went outside and made sharp (sticks) and placed them under his own eyelids
Then I came back out, and he said, "Come on over here and get up (on the motorcycle)."
...a young lady comes out, then she says, I'm going to sit up there behind you, okay?