Manuscripts and other publications
Many valuable but unpublished or out-of-print resources on California and other indigenous languages are in the possession of the Survey, both as part of its regular collection and in its non-archival library holdings. We believe that these materials should be accessible to a wider audience, so we have made electronic copies of these unpublished manuscripts and some out-of-print volumes available here. We will continue to scan and add to this collection.
All items posted here, published or otherwise unpublished, are copyright (©) by their authors and editors.
- Keeling, Richard. 1991. A guide to early field recordings at the Robert H. Lowie Museum of Anthropology. Berkeley: University of California Press. [PDF]
- Morgan, Lawrence R. 1980. Kootenay-Salishan linguistic comparison: A preliminary study. Master's thesis, University of California, Berkeley. [PDF]
- Wash, Suzanne M. 1995. Productive reduplication in Barbareño Chumash. Master's thesis, University of California, Santa Barbara. [PDF]
- Wash, Suzanne M. 2001. Adverbial clauses in Barbareño Chumash narrative discourse. Doctoral dissertation, University of California, Santa Barbara. [PDF]
- Whistler, Kenneth. 1976. Patwin folk-taxonomic structures. Master's thesis, University of California, Berkeley. [PDF]